Accessibility statement for
Kilsby Village Website
Kilsby Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means
- The majority of font sizes are relative, compatible with user-specified "text-size" option in Web Browsers. Users should be able to increase or decrease text sizes on most browsers using text or font size options found on the "View" menu.
- Have the ability to navigate the website using just the keyboard.
- For people who are colour blind or visually impaired, conveying information through colour alone has been avoided. Links are determined by using icons or underlining of the text link.
- For users using non-graphical browsers, textual descriptions are included for all images that convey useful information, but decorative images are omitted so as to access relevant information on the page as soon as possible.
- Wherever possible pages have been designed so that the content makes sense when read by a screen-reader. The user should be able to move through the content and tab through form fields in a logical way.
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some pages and document attachments may not be clearly written
- some pages may have poor colour contrast
- some heading elements may not be consistent
- some images do not have good alternative text
- many documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or you think we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements, contact the Parish Council Clerk.
An audit of functionality is underway and the website is undergoing substantial revision which will be ongoing until August 2020. Consequently, the website is only partially compliant at this time with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Version 2.1 AA standard.